I don’t have a very long post this time, because frankly, this salad has it all. From creamy avocado to the salty feta, counter parted by the sweet tangy pomegranate seeds. Plus it’s an absolute beauty to look at, with those vibrant colours. It makes for a festive entree when you’re having people over, or an indulging lunch when you’re home alone.
And there’s nothing to it, making this salad takes about 10 minutes. Not a big investment for a super healthy and delicious dish! I’ve used a pistachio oil to make the dressing, but if you don’t have any, any other ‘nutty’ oil or just a nice olive oil will do.
Easy does it this time, bon appétit!
- ½ avocado, cut into small pieces
- 50 gr (1¾ oz) of mixed young salad
- Handful of pomegranate seeds
- 40 gr (1.4 oz) of Feta cheese, cut in squares
- 1 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp of pistachio oil*
- 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- Dry the feta cheese with some kitchen paper
- Put the flour on a plate and coat the feta with flour
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan on medium heat and bake the feta for about 1 minute per side, until brown
- Mix the pistachio oil and vinegar, season with salt & pepper
- Mix the salad, avocado and pomegranate seeds in a bowl
- Place the baked feta on top and dress with the vinaigrette